How is Monster Crunch made?
- It’s a very precise process. We carefully slice garlic, ginger, and onions before frying them at the perfect temperature for an exact amount of time (those are both secrets). We grind chili peppers, crush peanuts and seaweed, and blend it all together in very specific quantities (also a secret). This entire process is done by real humans.
Does Monster Crunch have to be refrigerated?
- Monster Crunch can be stored at room temperature until opened. Once opened, it must be refrigerated. To be honest, we have yet to let an open jar be around long enough to expire.
Is Monster Crunch spicy?
- Monster Crunch would compare to a mild salsa spice. We describe it as roasty, toasty, garlicky, and savory. Monster Crunch Extra Hot is, in fact, spicy. We compare the Extra Hot to a "Hot Salsa" spice-level. Or 8/10 if you want to get technical.
What’s in Monster Crunch?
- Garlic, onions, peanuts, puya chilis, red chilis, ginger, seaweed, salt, and, love.
What’s in Monster Crunch Extra Hot?
- Garlic, onions, peanuts, chile de arbol, red chiles, ginger, seaweed, salt, and… a bit of sweet burnin’ love.
Is Monster Crunch vegan?
- Yes. Monster Crunch uses all natural ingredients that are free of all animal products.
Is Monster Crunch gluten free?
- No. Wah-wuh. Monster Crunch is produced in an environment where gluten is present.
Is there MSG in Monster Crunch?
- No. We don’t use MSG in our products. Although this natural flavour enhancer is both delicious and harmless, we find that the seaweed and salt provides the flavours that we enjoy. We hope you do too!
What’s in Shorty’s Hot Honey?
- Raw honey cooked with chilies and apple cider vinegar.
What’s in Shorty’s Extra Hot Honey?
- Raw honey cooked with more whole chilies, and apple cider vinegar.
What’s in Shorty’s Garlic Hot Honey?
- Raw honey cooked with whole chilies, fried garlic, and apple cider vinegar.
Is Shorty’s Hot Honey vegan?
- Honey is produced on the labour of hardworking bees. No, Shorty’s Hot Honey is not vegan. Visit thebeeconservancy.org to help save hardworking honey bees, and please don’t use pesticides.
Is Shorty’s Hot Honey gluten free?
- Honey is naturally gluten free. We do not add any ingredients that contain gluten, however, gluten is present in our production facility.
Is there MSG in Shorty’s Hot Honey?
- No. We do not use this delicious and harmless all-natural flavour enhancer in Shorty’s Hot Honey.
How is Shorty’s Hot Honey made?
- We steep whole chili peppers in raw honey for a secret amount of time at a secret temperature and add a secret amount of apple cider vinegar.
Where is Monster Sauce produced?
- Monster Sauce was founded in Calgary, Alberta. We work out of a shared, communal kitchen called Culinary Coworking that provides startups (like us) with access to commercial equipment, support, and room to grow. For information about Culinary Coworking, send us an email - we love them and we'd be happy to tell you all about it.
Does Monster Sauce use artificial preservatives?
- No, never. We pride ourselves on using all natural ingredients.
ORDERING & SHIPPING
How can I pay for Monster Sauce orders placed on the website?
- You can pay by credit card through our web store.
Where do you ship?
- We ship across Canada.
Do you offer delivery?
- We offer $5 delivery within 20 km of downtown Calgary. We hand deliver each box to your doorstep with a smile. How great is that?!
MARKETING & PROMOTION
Does Monster Sauce offer any promotional materials or support?
- Absolutely. We offer shelf talkers, in-store tastings, and recipe cards. We’re always open to custom promotional materials to help support sales in your business.
Does Monster Sauce partner on events and sponsorships?
- Yes. We love a good cause and great party. If you think that Monster Sauce would be a great fit at your next event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I inquire about being featured on the Monster Sauce social media channels?
- We’d love to feature your business or a delicious menu item on our social media channels. Send an email to email@example.com and we’ll take it from there!